Wednesday 29 October 2014

OCTOBER FAVOURITES // BEAUTY, MAKEUP AND MORE!

Hello everyone, I haven't done a favourites blog for a while as the summer was so busy...but it's coming into my favourite time of year (autumn and winter), so what is better than a favourites blog for my favourite time of year! I have broken it into a few sections: beauty, makeup and others. Enjoy!
 
Beauty
Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm: If you are looking for a cleanser that moisturises, removes the day's dirt and leaves you feeling revitalised and fresh faced- this is the perfect product for you. I have seen so many bloggers and youtubers talk about this cleanser and so it is surrounded by quite a lot of hype. I embraced the hype, ordered it from feel unique, and am now compltetely addicted. This stuff is like a pot of oily gold for your face! It melts in your hands and turns into a super-soft oil which glides across your face. The ingredients are all natural so it smells absolutely wonderful.  I use it to take my makeup off, cleanse before bed and in the morning.  I massage it into the face (which is heaven already) and then use a soap and glory face mitt to massage it in. The cleansing balm comes with its own Emma Hardie cleansing cloth (which if I were you I would buy at least 4 of), called the 'amazing face dual action professional cleansing cloth'. This is the best muslin cloth ever, as it has a soft polisher on one side, and an exfoliating muslin cloth on the other. Do shop around for the best deal! Feel unique had it for £28.


La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo- Anti Blemish Cream: If you are suffering from facial acne, or are just sick of having sporadic outbreaks, this is the product for you! Since august, I was suffering from jawline outbreaks. It was probably down to hormones or stress, but I still invested in this to just help settle them down. However, I used it everyday throughout October and it completely cleared my face! This. Stuff. Works. Wonders! The French pharmacists certainly do know their stuff! It isn't just for acne, it also targets oily blemishes and marks, and aims to even skin tone. Again, do shop around for these products. Boots do this product but I found it on feelunque at a discounted rate.



The Wet Brush: Ok so I'm not really sure if this fits into the beauty category, but as I use it in my beauty regime, it can go here. I have extremely tangled and dry hair. Immediately after washing my hair and smothering it with conditioner, it is in knots. I don't wash my hair everyday, and brush it only when it is damp. The tangle teezer just doesn't work for my hair, especially when damp. I don't know how this brush does it but it literally glides through my mane and leaves it smooth! If you have tangled hair, this is perfect for you!

Snow Fairy: Don't really need to say much about this little bottle of heaven from Lush...Their christmas range has come out, which means I can finally have my favourite scent again! I wait all year for this little baby, and actually get exited to shower! Love it, and love all the other snow fairy scent treats.


Lee Stafford Argan Oil From Morocco Haircare: As mentioned above, my hair is majorly dry and the ends are constantly breaking off. So, after a looong trip to boots looking through various hair masks, these beauties were on 3 for £20! Considering one is £14.99...that's a pretty good deal. The argan oil hair mask (left) has worked wonders on my hair! It's a deep nourishing treatment and has certainly helped with the broken ends. I use this once a week or every other week if i'm lazy, put it on damp hair for about 10 minutes and then wash it out. It leaves my hair so soft! The miracle oil I apply after the shower onto damp hair and leave in which sorts my hair out until the next wash! If you're looking for treatment for dry and damaged hair, I recommend these! 



Makeup
Elizabeth Arden 'Red Door Red' Lipstick: I saw this product a while ago in one of Tanya Burr's 'Christmas Party Get Ready With Me' videos, and thought it was the perfect party red lipstick- not too dark or orange toned. As it's coming up to glitzy party season, I eventually got round to buying it and trying it out for a few occasions. I absolutely love it! I've been searching for the perfect red for months, and MAC's Ruby Woo and Russian Red just didn't have the wow factor for me. This lipstick has a gorgeous creamy and super pigmented formula that lasts all night. I would pair with a lip liner and make sure your lips are moisturised and prepped first though.

Tanya Burr 'Picnic in the Park' Lipgloss: For everyday work days, I found myself chucking this on and wearing only this. Her lipglosses have a gorgeous sweet, fruity scent and are super pigmented. This makes them the perfect lipgloss to use for easy, natural makeup looks where lips aren't the focus. I absolutely love this shade, and have also been loving the 'Aurora' shade.  Despite having a lovely, sparkling finish to them, the shimmer is subtle and so the application and wear on the lips feels smooth. And the formula is not too sticky - yay!! They are all the perfect handbag essential.



Bobbi Brown Long-Wear cream shadow stick in 'Golden Pink': I've been hearing so much about eyeshadow pens, and after being unable to find the ByTerry sticks, I stumbled across this in John Lewis. These sticks really do live up to their name as they are super creamy and highly pigmented. They are great to use as a base across your lid, as they stay all day and makes sure the eye shadow on top doesn't crease. I like to use this as a base, and then pack on a shimmer shadow over the top. This makes your eyes look super bright and makes it last all day. You just don't get the same effect using just a shadow. I have found myself annoyingly obsessed with this product, especially in the week, as I am always using it in a rush...but it still looks so pretty!! Even if I just smear it on and blend the edges, it looks wonderful! Such a good product for those who are in a rush or don't like spending hours perfecting the eyes.


Other
'Paper Towns' by John Green: I read his famous book 'the fault in our stars' on honeymoon, and could not put it down! I cried and smiled in all the right places and loved his writing style. I bought this book because I saw a blogger post it on instagram, and I judged a book by its cover....in a good way! The cover looks soooo wintery and cosy- just what I could picture myself reading in a candlelit bath after a freezing day! The book itself is wonderful too. Romantic and funny. This book was definitely an October favourite!


My autumnal beverage: Ok so it's cold and rainy outside, you're ready in your pjs and graving a hot drink don't want caffeine to keep you awake. What do you make? My bedtime Nutella luxury drink! Initially seen in one of Lily Pebbles videos (link here), I have tweaked this to make it perfect. If you like hot chocolate, you will love this. Thank me later!
  1. Choose your favourite cup (mine is my Emma Bridgewater mug-obsessed)
  2. Fill the cup with cold milk (use whole milk for the best taste, or almond milk if you are healthy).
  3. Pour the cup of milk into a pan- preferably a milk pan as it has a lip for pouring. Have it on a low heat and do not bring to the boil.
  4. Add a - rather generous- spoonful of Nutella to the pan, and let it melt so the water turns chocolatey and smooth.
  5. When the milk is hot and the Nutella is all melted, pour back into your cup.
  6. Add a dollop of squirty cream to the top, or mini marshmallows! Perfect!




Hope you enjoyed my October favourites,
Morgan Alice
x



No comments:

Post a Comment