Friday 21 November 2014

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP // A NARS SHEER GLOW DUPE?






In my younger, and perhaps less experienced days, I would have only chosen high end foundations, as I foolishly thought that the more money you pay, the better the product. Yes, it's nicer going into a fancy department store, being colour matched, and getting to take your makeup away in a fancy box, but is the product actually any better? There's no denying the wonder of the Georgio Armani, Chanel Vitalumiere and others, but highstreet brands are really starting to up their game and for a quick morning slap on, I find myself usually grabbing this product.

The Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation is £8.99, comes in a few shades and even has a concealer to match (which covers blemishes and dark circles surprisingly well). The foundation gives skin a gorgeous glow, and works wonders on dry skin. These qualities make it extremely similar to the Nars Sheer glow, which claims to have a natural radiant finish, build-able coverage and leave skin hydrated and luminous.  It is also triple the price. I first wanted to try out Rimmel Wake me up after I saw so many youttubers featuring it in their top foundations! Zoella absolutely loves this stuff. I use the shade 'ivory'.

The pros:
  • Cheap- £8.99 instead of £31 (NARS) for the same amount. Can't really argue
  • It comes with a pump, unlike the sheer glow
  • It is extremely glowing and gives lasting radience
  • It does what it says on the packaging and leaves you looking more awake and bright
  • Smells good (?!)
The drawbacks: 
  • Cannot be skin matched by a professional at a counter
  • Less shades available 
  • Doesn't last as long on the skin as sheer glow
  • Has SPF in it which can give a ghost face effect when there's flashing photography around!
Would I recommend this product? Definitely. It is my favourite drugstore/highstreet foundation and I always find myself grabbing it when I want a super quick brightening fix. However, I probably wouldn't suggest it to people with really oily skin as it certainly isn't a matte product.  Although I have combination skin and I love it! Go and try this out. 



 Morgan Alice 
x
ps. make sure you check out my instagram! @morganalicebeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment