Monday 31 March 2014

A DRUGSTORE GEM

Hello fellow makeup lovers, i'm going to share with you my latest beauty gem!! 

For those of you who like to wear a black line on the top of your upper lashline (and those of you who don't as it makes your eyelashes appear thicker and you NEED to start doing this), this Maybelline New York Gel Liner is something you have to add to your makeup. Its £7.99 in superdrug, and comes with a cute little brush. It serves its purpose, but using a small angled brush is definitely easier, better and more accurate. The brush pictures is the smallest angled brush from my coastal scents set, which I will do my next post about. 

http://www.superdrug.com/maybelline/maybelline-eye-studio-gel-liner-black/invt/249975  




For years I have been using just black eyeshadow applied on a wet angled brush, as I hated the unnatural and uneven look eye liner pens gave. That was until I descovered gel liner pots. At first I brought the classic MAC and Bobbi Brown gel pots, which were great, but this Maybelline pot is a serious rival, and at over 1/3 of the price (gasp), you cannot go wrong. 

It glides on perfectly, and actually stays on longer than the high end MAC and Bobbi Brown one. Seriously, this gel does not budge. Here are some swatches of it on my hand, the bottom picture is after I scrubbed with all my might and as you can see, it has hardly budged. 



As you can see, it can be applied with all different widths, and seriously stays put. 

Lastly, here are some photos of it on me,  it's not completely straight...I was in a rush this morning!



So there is my little beauty review and tip for the day. If you like gel liners, you must buy this as it is ammmmaaaaazing value for money. 


morgan alice 
x


www.instagram.com/morganalicebeauty




No comments:

Post a Comment