Wednesday 19 March 2014

EYESHADOWS: A BEAUTY MUST

Welcome to my beauty reviews. I thought i'd start this blog with my favourite beauty item of ALL time...eyeshadows. 

From a young age i've always used my friend's urban decay palettes as i'm a bit of a magpie and the bright pretty colours drew me in. Since I first started earning money I have always had an UD palette on my to buy list and the collection has grown...

My favourite all time UD colour is 'sin' found in their original naked palette. These amazing eyeshadows are £14 each which does seem a little pricey, which is why their palettes are such good value. In a naked palette you get 12 eye shadows all for £37! But trust me on the sin....

I've just started my own 'build your own' UD palette with space for 4 eye shadows- and sin was always going to be my first choice. 



As you can see it is already well used! Now although UD has always been my top eye shadow choice...I have recently unveiled a slight obsession with mac eyeshadows. For various reasons 

1) They are cheaper- £12 a colour
2) at £10 you can buy the colours in little magnetic discs which slot in to a 15 piece build your own palette 
3)the amazing varieties of colours
4) they have matte as well as shimmer, and UD only seem to do sparkly and shimmery colours
5) they are so pigmented, and so apply really easily
6) blend amazingly
7) stay on all day and don't crease as much as UD ones, which seem to need a prep underneath


Here are some photos of my favourite 3 mac eyeshadow colours at the moment 




Cranberry, Shroom and naked lunch. Naked lunch is my all time favourite mac colour and looks amazing spread all over your eye lid! Shroom is a close second which looks best under the brow. 

And lastly- my biggest eye shadow tip. 
BLEND!!!
Blending gives your eyes that gorgeous natural look, and is an essential stage in doing your eyes. This is my favourite blending brush- from urban decay. 


Hope you enjoyed my first post, I thought I would take you through my favourite natural every day colours to start, keep posted and i will do a tutorial and some brighter colours posts. 

Morgan Alice
x

1 comment: